- Always look behind the curtain. How things appear are not how they are. There is so much going on that I didn't expect, and so much NOT going on that I totally expected. It's a disappointment and a surprise all rolled into one. The people that appear confident and like they're a part of something big, seem to be all talk.
- Occupational Therapists kick ass. The OTs I've met here are excellent, combining some major social work skills with their own professions skills with a flair of down-to-earth-edness that many social workers seem to lack!
- It's difficult deciding how the practicum should go. Do I want a broad reaching scope of everything, or do I want a focused time where I get some in depth practice experience. If I choose the latter, will I miss out on something that could be my passion? It's a difficult line.
- It's difficult to not take the work home with you. Especially when you can count some hours that you do from home!
- As far as I can tell so far, mental health is where I belong. Although I've come up against some difficult barriers so far, I'm not worried. I'm sticking with it and loving the opportunities that are arising for me.
- A commute is easier with audiobooks.
And that's it for now. Ah the weekend...after so long, I remember what it's like again.