- I've noticed that I'm asking people to be kind to themselves in their recovery and lives. The funny thing is that when I ask the same from myself, I get resistance.
- Practicum supervisors should be required to take a course on supervision before taking on a student. My sit-down supervision is ridiculous. It feels more like an oral test than supervision. Bleh.
- It's amazing to watch a group come together as a support system. The fleeting eye contact becomes more connected, the stories more personal and the reflection more supportive. Very cool.
- I love sitting down with a worker or peer and finding that you're on the absolute same page, when you had an idea that they were way off in left field (or you were, for that matter!). It's soul soothing.
- No-shows suck.
- Sometimes a session with a client goes so smoothly and wonderfully that I come out of there beaming. I hope the feeling is mutual.
- With one month to go, I'm at that place where I feel I'm just getting into the swing of things, but I also want it to be over. It's also a place, this time, where I look at the other practicum options I had and wish I had made a different choice. I see people in other placements getting challenged, nurtured and praised, while my roller coaster ride of a placement leaves me feeling...fragile.
That is all. Time to go out there and have some "me" time. I'm going to be gentle with myself today...