June 14, 2009

Another "Short Thoughts" Post

I don't really have enough of a thought to comprise a full post, so I'm gonna throw a bunch of things I've been thinking about together and make a compilation.
  • I walked across the stage last week for convocation and it was slightly surreal. There I was with all of these people that I've grown to know so well and this would be one of the last times I see many of them. Our cohort had a bit of a rough time with department politics, so it was good to see that we made it.
  • What was sad about the ceremony was the people that weren't there. A couple instructors that I would have really liked to see and a few students. It was too bad.
  • This summer has been a weird one, as it's the first in MANY years that I've had very little to do. I'm amazed at the kind of routine (or lack thereof) that I get into with regard to sleeping, eating and simply farting around. There have been more than a few days where I've had to drag myself out of the house to go do things.
  • That said, I'm loving it. I know that in a few short months, I'm going to be run ragged...probably more than I know.
  • I'm looking forward to the MSW, more and more everyday. I've talked to people that are now working, and while I envy some of their jobs and the work they do, some of it would not be up my alley. I'm glad that I'm taking that extra step to get to where I want to be.
  • House hunting in another city is horrible. I'm so worried about being scammed. One thing I now know is that if it looks too good to be true, it definitely is!
  • Oh, one last thing: yoga is definitely more difficult when you've put on a few pounds. ;)
Ok, that's all for now. It's good to get a few of these thoughts out of my head, and let you who are paying attention know what's going on with me.

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

cb said...

Always good to have an update!

Tanya said...

Indeed it is! Take care, Anti. Good luck house hunting and enjoy the down time.

Post a Comment